Sparrow (PRE ORDER)
High-performance Pocket-friendly USB DAC + Preamp + Headphone Amp, compatible with Apple® and Android™ mobile devices
- Balanced 2.5mm output power up to 2.0 Vrms
- Plays all 32bit/384kHz formats: PCM, DoP, DSD64, DSD128 and MQA
- Supports playback from iPhones, Android smartphones, MacOS and Windows computers
- At its heart is the legendary SABRE®DAC audio converter with HyperStream®II modulation that provides the ultimate in sound quality and stable sound field.
- Sparrow delivers sound performance all the way to the headsets, with up to 4.0Vrms output voltage, ensuring plenty of headroom for demanding headsets.
High End Partnership
In cooperation with Auris Audio, well known European High End company, EarMen designs a Sparrow, High quality DAC and amp, with impressive characteristics.
Designed to process digital sound of up to High-Resolution Audio quality into analog for greater detail, clarity, and precision, Sparrow delivers audio close to the original studio recording.
Designed and Built in Europe
Sparrow’s great characteristics are available by using the best components and materials.
The vast majority of the total production cost of Earmen - chassis, boards, transformers, assembly, etc - stays local. Our chassis are made minutes from our facility. Our PCBs are done in HCP. Yes, some components are made in China, but there's some give and take at this price point.
Featuring Audiophile SABRE DAC
Sparrow is powered by ES9281PRO, the flagship of the ESS line, which can provide best-in-class audio performance at 124 dB DNR and -112 Total Harmonic Distortion plus Noise (THD+N). The ES9281PRO is the first USB product that offers an integrated hardware MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) renderer that makes MQA playback easy and cost-efficient. The encoding process folds extra information into the signal that can be recovered later. The ES9281PRO automatically detects the MQA stream and engage the rendering. The entire process requires no additional design work.
Using a Super LOW ESR tantal capacitors, high grade components in power-supply design and 4 layer golden plated PCB technology from PC and smart phone industry, Sparrow reduces the noise to minimum. This will improve super fine details especially in Hi-Res files where you can feel and hear the difference.
EarMen Sparrow supportings
With Sparrow, listeners can enjoy more than 40 million tracks in lossless 16-bit CD resolution and over 2 million hi-res files.
- Sparrow supports Tidal Masters (MQA) playback from iPhones and Android smartphones. MQA's technology folds high-resolution files into smaller files that can be streamed on the go. As MQA Renderer, EarMen products complete the unfolding process, allowing music lovers to enjoy a wider selection of high-res music.
- Sparrow supports Qobuz high-res playback from iPhones, Android smartphones, and MacOS and Windows computers. Qobuz streams and downloads music in bit-perfect FLAC, the most widely used format for mastering and archiving, at resolutions of up to 24-bit/192kHz.
Using pioneering scientific research, the MQA team has created a technology that captures the sound of the original studio performance, and MQA technology became widely accepted as the standard for distributing ultra-high-quality music across a variety of platforms.
EarMen Sparrow is a licensed and standard-compliant MQA native hardware renderer:
- +130dB SNR, +122dBA DNR
- -112dB THD+N, 2.0Vrms into 600 Ohm
- -110dB THD+N, 1.0Vrms into 32 Ohm
Gold plated PCB
Sparrow’s PCB (Printed Circuit Board) is 4 layer gold-plated, which is unmatched in terms of quality and performance. Gold plated PCB guarantees the minimal loss of sound quality.
Earmen manufacture this through CNC drilling and pattern plating.
Size and Design
Sparrow is housed in a light-weight, but robust aluminum enclosure, which protects audio signal from the interference. The aluminium structure is created via CNC milling.
If you are using your phone as your source of music, small and lightweight device is key. From a design perspective, smooth rounded edges enable it to feel more like an integral part of the cable without catching or snagging on anything.
Easy to use
Built-in adaptive drive, there is no need to manually install the driver. The connection can be used directly, easily adapting smartphone to professional audio equipment.